G. Bardin Hooks, Jr.
Born and raised in Americus, Georgia, Bardin Hooks received his B.A. in History from The University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee in 2003, where he was a member of the varsity golf team, Kappa Alpha Order, Red Ribbon Society, and Order of Gownsmen. During the summer of 2002, Bardin studied abroad at St. John’s College, Oxford University in England.
Bardin graduated from Mercer University’s Walter F. George School of Law in 2007, earning a J.D., as well as a Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research, and Drafting. While at Mercer, he was active in several student organizations and was a member of the William A. Bootle American Inn of Court.
After being admitted to the State Bar in 2007, Bardin was appointed as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Georgia and primarily represented executive branch agencies in hearings before the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. He also advised the state in matters regarding insurance and risk management policy.
Following his service as an Assistant Attorney General, Bardin entered private practice, as an associate attorney with two large litigation firms in the metro Atlanta area. His practice was primarily focused in the area of workers’ compensation defense, and he has represented numerous insurance companies, self-insured employers, and third-party administrators in various workers’ compensation claims throughout the State of Georgia. In addition, he handled subrogation litigation against third-party tortfeasors.
In January 2015, Bardin and Justin Arnold founded Arnold & Hooks, LLC, in Americus, Georgia. Locally, Bardin serves as a Board Member of the Americus-Sumter County Hospital Authority, as well as the Americus Housing Authority. He also a member of the State Disciplinary Board – Investigative Panel of the State Bar of Georgia.
Bardin is married to the former Hayden Headley of Atlanta, who is also an attorney. The couple lives in the historic district of Americus with their Cocker Spaniel, Lettie.
- Real Estate Transactions, Title Insurance, & Foreclosure Proceedings
- Corporate, Small Business, & Contracts
- Estate Planning, Probate, & Estate Administration
- Local Government Law
- Civil Litigation
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Workers’ Compensation
- Personal Injury
- Americus-Sumter County Hospital Authority, Board Member
- State Bar of Georgia Disciplinary Board – Investigative Panel, Board Member
- Americus Housing Authority, Commissioner/Board Member
- Special Assistant Attorney General for the State of Georgia
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America (Troop 21 – Americus, GA)
- GeorgiaForward, Young Gamechangers
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Georgia